MEMS:Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) also referred to as micromachines (in Japan), or micro systems technology – MST (in Europe).MEMS are separate and distinct from the hypothetical vision of molecular nanotechnology or molecular electronics. MEMS are made up of components between 1 to 100 micrometres in size (i.e. 0.001 to 0.1 mm), and MEMS devices generally range in size from 20 micrometres (20 millionths of a metre) to a millimetre (i.e. 0.02 to 1.0 mm). They usually consist of a central unit that processes data (the microprocessor) and several components that interact with the outside such as microsensors.
Operation of the Switch:
- The purple platform is independently disengaged from the wheel.
- The dark blue rod is pulled to signal a toggle.
- The red lever structure amplifies the input movement.
- The green arm advances the orange ratchet wheel one position, rotating around the yellow hub.
- The green arm flicks back over the tooth so it can work again.
- The light blue pawl holds the wheel while the green arm resets.
- The purple platform engages again.
- The new resting position of the platform is now different.
Hardwork Can Never Ever Fails...